Challenge Definition: Something that by its character or nature serves as a call to battle, contest, special effort, etc.
So what is the 30 Day Relationship Marketing Challenge for Business all about?
By building stronger relationships and making your customers feel appreciated you will ensure that they become your customers, not for just a one-off sale, but for life. They will consistently send their friends and family to you – referrals that cost you nothing! The easiest and least expensive customers come from referrals and repeat business. Most business owners and professionals miss this and spend too much time and money battling for new “cold” prospects.
Remember, the top reason customers stop doing business with you is often due to perceived indifference and feeling taken for granted. If your customers don’t hear from you how they will know you are with the same company or that the company is still in business! The Challenge will ensure that you keep in touch with your business connections, on a regular basis, so this does not happen.
People do business with people they know, like and trust… and REMEMBER – if they don’t remember you it doesn’t matter how much they know, like and trust you!
The biggest secret:
- People want to know that you are thinking of them without always selling them something! This is the heart of relationship/appreciation marketing.
- Keep in contact with your customers WITHOUT mention of your latest sale, offer or product and watch your relationships grow and your referrals double!
- People often wonder how top salesmen achieve such high sales figures. It is due to many of them having this type of follow-up system in place.
How you can benefit from this Challenge:
- If you’re running a small business from home this can sometimes be quite a solitary experience. You will benefit from connecting with other business owners/professionals forming new friendships, in niches that you might not previously have come across, which can be extremely educational and interesting.
- When you put a good follow-up strategy in place it becomes second nature and becomes part of your daily working routine.
- When you start receiving positive feed-back from business contacts that you have re-connected with you will get a complete ‘buzz’ out of it.
- Through connecting with other business owners you will be able to network, support and share what their experiences are, throughout the Challenge, with helpful insights into what works well and what doesn’t work so well for them, in their businesses.
- You will gain more repeat business and referrals all of which are FREE!
- By concentrating more on forging stronger relationships, with your existing clients, you may find yourself in the position of not having the need to continually go out looking for new business.
Who’s this Challenge NOT for:
- Those who aren’t prepared to seriously analyse the current actions they are taking in their business to keep in touch with their contacts, and be prepared to make a change, if appropriate.
- Those who aren’t prepared to dedicate some time to fostering good business relationships over the next 12 months. There is no short-term fix, customer relationships are built over time.
- If you don’t like being accountable in group situations and don’t like sharing your successes/failures, then this really isn’t for you.
- If you believe that every contact you make with a customer needs to be sales related, i.e. plugging your latest product.