If you seem to be struggling to get new business from your current contacts this post will provide you with some tips on how to effectively follow-up with past, present and prospective business contacts.
Do you find that most of your phone calls go unanswered or go straight to voice mail/answer machine resulting in no replies? Do you wonder if your e-mails are being read or, due to over-aggressive spam filters, are your e-mails winding-up in your clients’ ‘bulk’ or ‘junk’ mail folders so not read at all? Then there is also the possibility that the e-mails that do get through may never be opened or replied to or are simply be deleted. With people now receiving hundreds of e-mails per day they are becoming increasingly more and more indifferent to e-mail marketing due to the amount of spam e-mails they receive.
To be successful, in a world where everyone leads increasingly busy lives, as a business owner or sales person, you need to be a master of consistent follow-up. The most effective follow-up method for ANY business is by sending a greeting card or postcard as it is a much more personal form of communication. It is also something that not many of your competitors will be doing.
The reason that they are the perfect follow-up tool, is:
- They are always well received by the recipient as cards are very rarely sent these days and are unexpected,
- Receiving a simple thank you card, without agenda, is very refreshing,
- They remind your contacts that you are still in business,
- They are always delivered, opened and read.
You can begin to send cards and postcards to build rapport with your contacts, rather than looking for new ones, by sending them to: past customers, existing customers, potential customers and your VIP customers. By using your contact’s first name, personally signing each card with your own signature and sending a series of cards, you will be able to keep yourself at the forefront of your contacts’ minds for when they are ready to do business with you or refer someone else to you. You don’t have to labouriously sit and write every card or postcard as there are now automated systems that do this for you but still give the look of the personal touch.
The card system, which you may like to find out more about will:
- Automatically print, address, stamp and post a real physical card on your behalf
- Set-up a sequential follow-up campaign that would send cards at pre-selected intervals
- Import all your contacts either from Outlook or Excel within minutes
- Add your own pictures, logos and marketing information to your cards
- Include your own personal handwriting and signature
- Organise all your contacts into groups quickly and easily
- Send a two leaf card for as little as £1.50 or £1.10 for a postcard, including postage, including your own marketing images
Would you be interested to find out more? If so, please contact me via e-mail and I will get straight back to you to talk you through how to put this great system in place to automate your follow-up system resulting in more business and referrals, without obligation.
With kind regards