Are you in the habit of keeping in touch with your prospects and clients through Relationship Marketing? Are you aware of this marketing strategy?
Here are some tips which you should find interesting and that you may not be aware of:
- People like to know you have thought of them without trying to sell them something! This is the key to Relationship Marketing.
- MOST people in sales don’t follow-up after their first call! Is this you? If so you are losing business by not keeping in touch!
- NO NOW DOESN’T MEAN NO NEVER! Keep in touch until your prospects are ready to buy.
- A 5% increase in customer retention can increase profitability by 75%. Do you check your customers are happy?
- Only 10% of sales people make contact more than 3 times, but 80% of sales are made on the 5th-12th contact!
- A simple note card with a heartfelt message and no other agenda can help you be remembered so that your existing customers will buy from you again.
- Price is not the main reason prospects are put off. It is usually due to the overall poor quality of their buying experience.
- 96% of unhappy customers don’t complain. However 91% of those unhappy customers will simply leave and buy elsewhere.
- By building thank-you note sending into your business it will, without doubt, enhance your ability to get qualified referrals or quality introductions.
- A 5% reduction in customer defection rate can increase profits by 5-95%.
- You should stop constantly looking for new customers and looking after the ones you have already! Your existing customers are far more likely to buy again from you over a new prospect
- The main reason your customers leave you is through perceived indifference and feeling taken for granted.
- If you never keep in touch with your customers after the first sale how are they expected to know you are still in business?
- You need to stop selling your products and services to people and start authentically promoting what you have to offer.
- Customers who feel appreciated make more referrals which costs you nothing in advertising costs.
- You never know when your prospects will be ready to make a buying decision, so make sure you keep in regular contact for when the time is right.
- You need to offer the best solution or how your product/service can fill a need rather than focusing on just the sale.
- The likelihood of selling to an existing customer is 60-70%. The likelihood of selling to a new customer is 5-20%.
- You shouldn’t turn the sending of a Christmas or Birthday card into a marketing message. Keep in touch without any other agenda & you’re much more likely to secure repeat business & referrals.
- 82% of satisfied customers WILL COME BACK, 91% OF UNSATISFIED CUSTOMERS WILL NEVER BE BACK!
- Relationship Marketing imperative in your business. It helps to build lifelong, lasting customer relationships which will keep them coming back again and again.
- 80% of your communication should be based on friendship/celebration. Marketing messages should form 20% and come second.
- Attracting a new customer can cost as much as 15 times more than retaining an existing customer.
- 20% of your customers bring you 80% of your revenue. Do you ensure your VIPs are well looked after?
- It is a known fact that it is easier to obtain repeat business/referrals from existing customers. Are you always look for new ones? Why?
- If you select one customer each day to send one unexpected personal note your business will be transformed in a year!
- Customers who become your ‘raving fans’ can provide you with as much as 80% more referrals.
- For every month that your customers & prospects do not hear from you, you lose 10% of your influence over their buying decisions & referrals of new customers.
- 79% of leads are NEVER followed up! IS THIS YOU?
- You need to have a simple, convenient system in place to keep in contact with your business connections on a regular basis. Creating a good system, either manual or automated, to keep in touch with your customers is the KEY TO HAPPY CUSTOMERS. If you haven’t got one, why not?
- 48% of sales people never follow up with a prospect. Are you guilty of this?
- It’s all in the close! Do you thank your new customer for their business & ask them on a scale of 1 – 10 how often they’d like to hear from you?
- 80% of sales are made on the 5th to 12th contact? How often do you contact a prospect before giving-up?
- You need to set time aside to follow-up each day. Is it something you are always putting-off until tomorrow? Then you are losing valuable sales in the process.
- There are 5 Common Follow-Up Mistakes: No follow-up, weak or irrelevant follow-up, going straight in with a sales pitch and having no system to track follow-up. How many of these mistakes are you making?
- You can increase word of mouth referrals for your business simply by making a habit of sending personal notes to your customers.
- If you focus on getting referrals rather than hunt for new business the friends, family and associates of your current customers will enable you to have business come back to you PRE-SOLD!
- Sending cards is one of the most powerful sales tools today. In this ever increasing technological age, that is getting so impersonal, handwritten notes are worth their ‘weight in gold’.
Has this list made you think about your current Relationship Marketing Strategy? How’s your current strategy working for you? Is it time to have a major overhaul in the way you are treating your prospects/clients?
If you could do with a helping hand grab my FREE e-book and join the 30 Day Relationship Marketing Challenge. It won’t cost you a penny!
Use this link: The 30Day Relationship Marketing Challenge